1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Booking Agents

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jonas_24112, May 28, 2012.

1. jonas_24112

jonas_24112

Jul 11, 2011
    How good do you need to be to get one?
    How do you get one, or several?
    Any of you have/had one? Did you like or dislike?

Backstory is I'm in a 4 piece variety cover band. We've been together around 10 months and have been gigging regularly 2-3 gigs a month since Nivember 2011. We're making decent $$$ and gaining a good fan base. Downside is we live in a small town and are already on rotation at all local venues or have promises to be booked in 2013. We want to expand geographically and play larger venues. There are two large cities and a nice summer resort within an hours drive. All the local bands around here have had no luck booking in those cities. We know one booking agency owns most of the the bookings to the prize venues in one of the cities and the top resort venue. We're not sure of the other city, so I'm putting out some feelers there as well. Since we live so far, we've contemplated talking to some booking agencies. We had one local agency contact us, but we turned them down since we have the local scene tapped out for now.

Any advice accepted.

2. jonas_24112

jonas_24112

Jul 11, 2011
    Ahhhh....never mind....I found the right thread that I needed and answered my question. Peace y'all!!