1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

books for college

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crispygoat, Sep 5, 2008.

1. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    abebooks.com

I got two books for summer school for like $50. Granted one was beat up and I had to tape the binding back together, and the other one was printed for sale in Asia only (lol), the books were more or less what I needed to get through the summer term.

Summer school sucks, btw.

2. I'm sure I've used this site myself...

3. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    +Lots

Often the shipping is more than the book! Lots of amazing bargins.

4. This is thesite I used a lot when I was in college (A Levels)...I think I got all of my Classics texts and still only spent £40 or so.

5. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    waaaambulance-23284.

6. ^I hate you!

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    My school has most of my textbooks on reserve at the library. I spend time there a lot when I need to use them, and if I need a copy of something for class or to study, I make one for 5 cents a page (I got it down where I can get 2 pages scanned at once)

For small books (such as Illiad for example) I'll just buy them. If we have it in the library, I'm making a photocopy.

Also, talk to your professors. Many have extra old copies of textbooks in their office they can lend you if you really can't afford them.

Or just borrow and photocopy.

8. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    aww i love you too fassa.

i hope you don't actually take me seriously with the whaaaambulance ****.

9. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Why not just shoplift the books? Save the copy money. In fact, why go to school at all. Take whatever you want.

I got my most expensive book for $10 shipped on Half.com.