1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Books For Sale: 3 Bass and 1 Blues Harp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by BluesWalker, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    As I continue to clean out before the move this summer, I have 3 bass books and 1 harp book for sale. Prices include shipping for CONUS. Shipping is via USPS Media Mail w/Delivery Confirmation.

1. Walking in the Footsteps of Paul Chambers, transcribed by Rob Gourlay (Paperback, 2003, 67 pages) - $10
    Walking bass lines of Paul Chambers from 24 tunes. The tunes include Mr. P.C., Autumn Leaves, Summertime, Just Friends, Oleo, Green Dolphin Street, Stella by Starlight, Giant Steps, etc. Reference to the original recording is provided.

The book is in very good shape. There lower corner is dog-eared, otherwise it is perfect. There is no writing in the book.

SOLD 2. The Real Book in Bass Clef- 5th Edition (Paperback) - $15.
    The book is in very good shape. Fully intact.

3. Transcribed Scores: Experience Hendrix, The Best of Jimi Hendrix (Paperback, 367 pages) - $15
    Bass/Gtr/Drums complete transcribed scores for 20 of Hendrix'x best tunes (Purple Haze, Fire, All Along the Watchtower, Freedom, The Wind Cries Mary, Hey Joe, Stone Free, Crosstown Traffic, Manic Depression, Little Wing, If 6 was 9, Foxy Lady, Bold as Love, Castles Made of Sand, Red House, Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), Night Bird Flying, Angel, Dolly Dagger, Star Spangled Banner).

The book is in very good condition. Slight dogearing on the corners, all intact, no marks on the pages.

SOLD 4. Blues Harp by Tony "Little Sun" Glover I (paperback, 72 pages) - $8This was the first blues harp instruction book. Takes one from the beginning stages of playing a harp through Cross Harp, Bending Notes, Third and Fourth Positions, Chromatic Harps, the Styles of Sonny Terry, Sonny Boy Williamson I & II, Little Walter and Jimmy Reed, How to Select a Harp, How to Maintain a Harp, How to Amplify a Harp, suggested recordings, etc. The book also has some great black and white pictures of old blues people.

This book is old, I have had it since the 1970s, but is in good shape and very useable. Completely intact.

2. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Blues Harp book is sold.

3. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Bump

4. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Do the books 1&3 contain tabs or are they written in sheet music? Yes I'm a newb :p

5. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    The Paul Chambers book is in standard notation.

The Hendrix book has both tabs and standard notation for the bass and guitar parts (also standard notation for the drums, vocals and the occassional piano part).

6. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    bump

7. BluesWalker

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    The Real Book is sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.