1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boom for your Buck and your Back?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rasrick, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I will be using a new Avatar SB 112 without question. The question is what is the best cost wise and weight wise. Looking at around 200 watts. I don't need to stress out the cab. And my back is shot.

2. MarkBass amps are small, light weight, powerful, crisp and clear sound.

3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i'm excited about the new Ashdown mini amps! those'll be awesome!! (i hope)

4. Sadly, I don't have the "bucks" for a Mark Bass . Plus where do you buy those amps anyway?

5. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Markbass is about 500 at GC. if that's too much, i'm afraid you're hosed. can't think of anything near that size for that low of a price. just about everything at a lower price point will be much larger and much heavier.

6. You can pick up an ashdown superfly right now for $250 at just about any major online retailer. Never played one, but they're light, cheap and in the ballpark for power.

7. Ashdown superfly , aye! now has anyone out there had any of this head in your ear?

Topper, loved the bass project by the way! thanks

8. Ozonbass

Ozonbass Gold Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Chicago
    My "light weight" solution...the DB112 isn't exactly light, but not too bad, and the LMII even with the ears is around 7 pounds. And , man it sounds sweet. My wife even lets this cab sit out in the living room because it almost matches the furniture.:)
    IMGP0380.

9. Beautiful rig, that's the ticket.

Still don't seem to find a straight forward price list for LM anywhere.