Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boomerang

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by Bo Bradley, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Mike-
    I have heard that some people think that the Boomerang is noisey.Have you found this to true.It really seems like such a wonderful device.
    p e a c e

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    You have to be real careful in the setup. To get the right gain there is a combination of a 3 position switch (gross) and a rotary knob (fine) for adjusting the gain. If you are not careful in the set up the 'rang can get really noisey. A litle bit of patience in the setup goes a LOOOOONG way.

That being said, I think it is suited for live performance more so than studio work.

Finally, IT IS A WONDERFUL TOOL. I cannot express enough how much my own playing has advanced because of it. I also see it in my students who have them. They progress a lot quicker

Mike

ps I have had some problems with noise in the rang that was taken care of with a good cleaning. Once a year I have an electronics guy remove the chips and op-amps and really clean and de-oxify them.