Boomers beat Blue Steels!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by RickenbackeR, Jul 13, 2000.

1. RickenbackeR

Mar 28, 2000
    I had Medium-Light Blue steels for like a month and i couldn't stand them anymore.. they slow me down so much!! I'm serious, seems like the friction between the strings and my fretting fingers is too much, and i find myself dragging my fingers whenever im doing a slide or just moving between the frets.

So i went and got Extra-Light GHS boomers. WOW! What a difference!! The strings are wounded much better, and the friction is practically gone, so im so much faster again.

One thing is sure: I'm never buying Blue Steels again!

2. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't like the blue steels either. They seem to go dead after they get broken in.
    MUD! YUCK! And they seem sticky, like you said. To expensive for crappy strings.
  3. Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    ive never used blue steels before but i just changed from Slinky's to boomers. I love the boomers, great slap tone and they feel great!!!
  4. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    I didnt much care for the Blue Steels either.Ultra bright for a few days then they died.FAST!I did like a tonal aspect they had so i tried a set of the nickel wraped blue steels that Mars had on sale.These sound great!I hope they last.Theyve already beaten the other B steels on that count as well.Good luck!