1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boones Farm

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by aqsw, May 18, 2011.

1. aqsw

aqsw

May 28, 2006
    Does anybody remember a group from the early seventies called Boones Farm? I remember back in about 85 I gave all my 8track stuff away, and kept one 8track because (I loved it) and I heard there was only 1 or 2 hundred 8tracks made. I am in the midst of trying to find an 8track player and get this converted.

Nothing on Itunes. Never was on Limewire. Only one song off the album on youtube. When I get it converted youtube will have the rest.
    YouTube - Good Old Feelin' - BOONES FARM.wmv

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Not really, but I remember (not so fondly) Boones Farm Apple Wine and Strawberry Hill back in the '70s.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    The wine probably prevented me from remembering the band. Sounds like a copyright issue though!

4. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Still good at starting orgies in college in the early 90s.....

5. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    They still make that sh*t?

6. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    LOL. The more things change...the more they stay the same.

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    They do. Google it.

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    A Boones Farm story -- I was about 20 or so. My parents go away on vacation and I invite some friends to come party at my house. One day I go to work and come home to find my friends partying in my backyard. My parents house has a jacuzzi, but the heater for it is broken. What did my friends do? They bought an inflatable swimming pool, disconnected the hot water hose from the washing machine, and filled the pool. Makepoopie jacuzzi, brought to you curtousy of Boones Farm and hormones.

9. randb

randb

Jan 17, 2012
    They released an album on Columbia in '72.
    Kent Sprague: vocals
    Gary Stovall: vocal and guitars
    Brad Palmer: vocals, guitars, bass
    Fred Darling: drums
    all produced by Jimmy Messina

10. Yup. Lost my lunch a few times because of Boone's Farm. Ah, High School indeed!

11. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I remember the cheap hippie wines under the Boone's Farm label back then, and I'll leave it at that.;) As for a band being inspired to use the same name back then, I don't have any memory of them. I listened to a lot bands and albums during my youth, but Boone's Farm apparently slipped under my radar.

12. wrench45us

wrench45us

Aug 26, 2011
  13. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The name of this thread, makes My head and stomach hurt. I have not so fond memories of My encounters with the likes of "strawberry hill". My sister found it necessary to remind Me of one of these particular episodes over the holidays. I recall it invloved Me throwing up into My really cool "StarWars" hat.

Man, I miss that Hat....

14. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    i checked out the link. man thats a good sounding rock band. that bass player was groovin his tail off...

15. I don't remember the band; I do remember the wine. It went down easy and came up rough.

16. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I had that 8 track!!

17. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    An after work Christmas party back in the 70's featured Strawberry Hill fortified with Everclear. The next morning when I could finally drag myself out of bed, I went out to my van and found bumper high scrapes and dents down both sides from one end to the other. Apparently I had some difficulty navigating through a parking lot somewhere. I have no memory of it.

I am NOT proud of it. I did some remarkably stupid moronic crap when I was young and consider myself very lucky to have survived that period of my life.

If I hit your car that night I apologize profusely.