1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

boost pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mlafrancis, Apr 12, 2009.

1. mlafrancis

mlafrancis

Jun 26, 2008
    After kicking out our rhythm guitarist, I'm taking on even mroe of a responsibility in our sound. I have a couple solo's and intro's, and i handle the main rhythm too, especially during the guitarists solo's.

So what ive been doing is having my amp master volume set up a bit higher, and turning my basses master volume down a bit, so its at a good level during when nthe guitarist is playing the rhythm too, and when it ocmes to a part where i have a solo that needs to be heard, or the guitarist has a solo and i need to fill in the empty spot he leaves, i turn up the volume on my bass.

But this is somethig i have to do really quick so as to nto miss a beat, but its hard in some songs.

So im looking for somethign liek a boost stomp pedal to raise the volume of my bass quickly and easily when i need it. Do any of you know of one?

tjhanks for your help

~Mike

2. 1009

Feb 7, 2009
    Chicago
    One possibility might be a volume pedal -- although this is something you'll have to monitor all the time (esp. making sure you don't accidentally step on it & cut yr volume entirely). Another would be the Fulltone Bass Drive -- not cheap, but it offers a clean boost in addition to a 2nd proper "Boost" channel. Worth checking out based on yr needs.

3. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    ElectroHarmonix LPB-1. $40 new. Adds up to 20dbs i think. Works well for me

4. catalinbread makes neato boosts.

another option- maybe overkill- but some eq pedals- actually the only one ive ever owned (mxr) have both volume/gain boost- plus youd have eq settings at your disposal- if that was something that would help.

honestly- lots of pedals will give you more volume- so if you only want boost- i would send you towards catalinbread- but if you want boost with a bit of od/eq/whatever- maybe theres more investigating to do.

5. mxr micro amp. ehx lpb1.