Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boosting distorted wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CBAnaesthesia, Jul 11, 2005.

1. I just bought an old Morley Power Wah (the chrome kind) and it sounds great, especially clean, but when it's distorted i can hardly hear it on some notes. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on making the wah more prominent (preferably without buying another pedal; maybe some kind of mod?) thanks.

2. just for clarification, are you talking about the wah with the built-in fuzz or another pedal?

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    when i has a dunlop 105q, i had good results throwing it in my preamps effects loop to get that distorted wah going.

4. It's another pedal (a russian Big Muff)

5. put what in the FX loop, the distortion or the wah?

6. do you put the wah before the distortion?
    although it's personal preference, i like my wah after the distortion...try that, it might give you a good sound.

7. I'm set up like this: Crate MBX/ Fender Stage 185->EHX Big Muff Pi-> 70's-era Morley Power Wah-> Samick Fairlane.

I just tried switching the order of the pedals, and the wah is definitely more present :hyper: , but it doesn't sound quite as good - it's a bit "quacky" and almost too sensitive :eek: but i can live with it if i don't find another way. Thanks! anyone have any other ideas? maybe a boost mod or boosting a frequency?