1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boosting The front end of a Hartke lh1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lwknives, Feb 28, 2013.

1. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    As an experiment I put a volume boost in front of my Hartke lh1000 head. My hope was that it would drive the tube and give me a little bit of tubey grit.

I used an MXR 10 band eq for the volume boost. I tried it in both the active and passive inputs.

The result was a pretty lame farty sounding distortion. Kind of like a speaker being pushed too hard. As would be expected the distortion was more pronounced when boosting the passive input.

2. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I don't think hartke is known for its tube grind. I used to have a 7000 and when I mixed in the tube portion it never really broke up. I find them to be pretty clean amps. Just put a distortion pedal in front and call it a day.

3. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    Right on, I just posted this so others who are curious will know what happens if you boost the front end.