Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bootsy and Envelope filters.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Anyone here notice that as soon as an Envelope Filter comes out Bootsy is all over it. I've seen it every where on all the company ads, "Its already become standard equipment for Bootsy." I'm a fan of Collins but god how many wahs does this guy own?

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I thought he mainly uses a mu-tron. He probably gets stuff like that for free, anyways.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

He's all over the endorsement money is what that's all about. Big timers lending their names to gear they never use in exchange for filthy lucre is an old game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had a tricked-out, customized, unit.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    That's what i'd be doing if i was a big timer. I would have so many endorsements. Wouldn't you?

5. I'd be gettin' paid.:cool:

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Defiinitely, Tracy. In a thread back in 2000, I mentioned I do an endorsement with a picture of me with a Rogue SX-100, a Gorilla amp, and my arms around Hanson :eek:

There was a thread a while back about big name pros in endorsement ads for gear they don't actually use. Unless you're a legend and have no retirement worries, I say take your shot while you can. In my hometown, St. Louis, and across the river, E. St. Louis, I knew of way too many ex-stars who couldn't afford decent medical care in their old age. :rolleyes:

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I don't get those people calling stars sellouts. To me it makes a lot of sense. Well, i guess if they were endorsing Smirnoff, that wouldn't be good, but if they are endorsing basses, amps, birth control pills, etc. I say it is okay.

8. I still taste the Vodka from last night. :(

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Was it crappy stuff like Smirnoff or Gordons?

10. Ice cold Smirnoff. I feel cheap now.

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Aw, man, stick to stoly.

12. Thanks, but sticking to main topic I am still looking for the perfect Envelope Filter/Follower.