1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bootsy Collins Announces the World's First "Funk University"

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, May 10, 2010.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    On July 1, 2010, classes will commence at the Funk University, the online bass guitar school created and curated by Bootsy Collins, the iconic bassist whose otherworldly work with James Brown and Parliament/Funkadelic cemented him as one of the greatest bass players to walk this or any other planet. As F.U.'s lead professor, Bootsy has designed an intense curriculum tailored for intermediate to advanced bass players as well as anyone interested in a deeper understanding of funk, and has enlisted a dream team of bass legends to serve as guest professors. Every schoolday, the virtual campus at TheFunkUniversity.com will offer new lectures, lessons and exercises to its students, who will learn from the finest assembly of bassists the world has ever seen, teaching the techniques that made them immortal.

For more information:

http://thefunkuniversity.com

2. r delnick

r delnick

Jun 21, 2010
    Hey folks. I was a registered student with Norwood Fisher and Cory Danziger in NABA. Which was Mr. Fishers own online bass school that was launched at the beginning of the the year. I paid for their full years semester and got three months in and it all stopped. Communication from Cory Danziger and Mr. Fisher stopped. ...I found out from another student a that NABA created by SceneFour, Cory Danziger, and Mr. Fisher was no more. I recieved no communication from any of the mentioned entities. I suppose I'm the sucker, but I'm just letting anyone who plans to register with Cory Danziger and SceneFour in this "boosty collins funk university" to beware. You may not be getting what you think your getting, and if it goes boobies up in three months....you won't be getting any communication to let you know that you're a sucker and you're out what ever you paid. Good luck.

You can reach me on Facebook as Ryan Delnick if you wish to find out more about this story.