Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bootsy Collins on NPR right now!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, May 2, 2003.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Is it fundraising time there, too? NPR always seems to dredge up the good stuff when the hat is out - yesterday they had a piece on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

2. I wouldn't be surprised.

Man, Bootsy's got a high voice.

3. Is that him singing on recordings with his Rubber Band, or the other band members?

I wish I had a working radio.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    National Public Radio.

The one thing that hasn't been bought by Clearchannel, and consequently, the only good thing left on radio (though some of the content is shockingly close to the parodies that show up on NPR.)

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    National Public Radio.

The one thing that hasn't been bought by Clearchannel, and consequently, the only good thing left on radio (though some of the content is shockingly close to the parodies that show up on SNL.)

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I heard this piece on Dark Side of the Moon. Apparently Dark Side has spent more time on the Billboards than any other album. 7 hundred and some odd weeks. I think Johnny Mathis rang in second with 4 hundred and change.