Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Booty Shakin!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Aug 8, 2003.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    What tune does your band play that always seems to get the females to shake thier boties?

2. I'm not sure yet, I've only had 2 practices, but we have written about 12 songs in that time.

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    let me know how it goes, I think more booties will shake if you throw in a couple of covers, this is valuable market research!

4. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    'Standin' on Shaky Ground' always seems to fill the dance floor. We do a few bluesy originals with that medium funk groove that get the pelvis people out and about. Nothing inspires sex like like a funky groove!!

'Heard it through the Grapevine' (a la Gladys Knight).

'Help the Poor' by B.B.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    No one shakes their booties for us. I think thats more of a hip hop thing.

6. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    No one shakes their booties for us. I think thats more of a hip hop thing.

You will never hear a hip hoppy bass line from me! what kind of music do you play?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    One time, an attractive 19 year old hippie chick came up and said she played the bass. And she was all smiling at me and stuff. So I instantly hand her the bass and say, "The next song is Dust on the Bottle, you know that right?" She's like... uhhh no. "Naw, come on it's in B, it's easy." But I'm all smiling and being nice to her. So she takes this as me hitting on her. So her and her other girl friends are getting down to Dust on The Bottle. And She keeps looking at me and then she turns around and starts booty shakin and looking at me then looking at her ass then looking at me. Then I give her the nod of "yes, it's very nice." *smile*. Meanwhile my enraged girlfriend is in the corner. ;)

She didn't kill the girl. But she was held back.

So the answer. Dust on the Bottle.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That was an excellent story Matt, I especially liked how it flowed so nicely up till the enraged girlfriend point.:D

9. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    One time, an attractive 19 year old hippie chick came up and said she played the bass. And she was all smiling at me and stuff. So I instantly hand her the bass and say, "The next song is Dust on the Bottle, you know that right?" She's like... uhhh no. "Naw, come on it's in B, it's easy." But I'm all smiling and being nice to her. So she takes this as me hitting on her. So her and her other girl friends are getting down to Dust on The Bottle. And She keeps looking at me and then she turns around and starts booty shakin and looking at me then looking at her ass then looking at me. Then I give her the nod of "yes, it's very nice." *smile*. Meanwhile my enraged girlfriend is in the corner.

note to self...dont take girlfriend to the gig!

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    a thank you a thank you. :D :bassist:

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

You do know how to use the quote feature right?

just wondering.

if not then either hit the quote button above any post or select what you want to quote and then type [quote*]whatever text you wished to quote[*/quote]

minus the *

12. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    You do know how to use the quote feature right?

no also having problems with inserting images

13. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    In my country band:

The Shake -- Neal McCoy
    Swingin' -- John Anderson
    Some Girls Do -- Sawyer Brown
    Fast As You -- Dwight Yoakam

A bunch more, but these always work. In every other band I've been in...

Mustang Sally
    Gimme One Reason
    Your Momma Don't Dance

-robert

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I like big butts - Sir Mix A Lot