Booyah! I'm 58% Andre Sakharov!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Max, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    53% Rudy Juliani. Oh no.

2. Max

Max

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA

Ooooooo. Post a pic.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's me with my I just woke up face and hair.

[​IMG]

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yessss, 40% keanu reeves! nice!

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    This is kinda fun to play with, but has anyone noticed that the results seem very dependent on the angle of your face in the picture you upload? It seems like the program necessarily keys in on your orientation with respect to the lens, and then matches it with someone facing the camera at a similar angle. Anyone else made that observation?

6. gamera

gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    Peter Ustinov.

There is now way I look anything like Peter Ustinov. One was kinda close. I do kinda look like John Peel.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

There are a lot of quirks in the software. Interestingly enough. Even if the software was brilliant and used very advanced and sci-fi type of facial recognition. It might still be likely to say I'm 70% keira knightely, solely because, it would pick up on individual features her and I may share, but forgo the big picture.

What I mean by that is, I could have a nose just like hers, eyebrows just like hers, lips just like hers, jawline just like hers, but my face would still be markedly different and no person would ever confuse me for her, or even necessarily be able to see a resemblance.

Regardless, it's still fun software to toy around with. I think that if you submit a dozen pictures and get the same person with similar percentages each time. Perhaps then you can say that you actually have some similarities to that person in question. One-offs can be incredibly sporadic.

And ya, then some company gets to steal your identity. It's good stuff all around really.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021