bored habits

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Aug 18, 2005.

1. When I was a child, a young child and I was bored I used o balance eggs.

lately I have found myself doing that again like today and a few days ago. I don't even eat eggs!!!

Anyways. What do you find yourself doing when you are bored that is different then most people?
  2. I picture and pan out fictional scenerios that could happen from the moment I think it or from a recent happening. That's how I burst out laughing randomly.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Play with whatever is handy. And not just idley, either; I get pretty deep into it. A paperclip can last me an hour, a marble, maybe 45 minutes to an hour, a pencil and paper...I'm gone. One time, in high school, an entire class stopped and watched me (I didn't realize this for several minutes) because I was kinda intent on shaping these three paperclips into a geometric shape.
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    My top 20 list of Things I Do When I'm bored (in no order)
    1) Play instruments
    2) work on my website
    3) Fruity Loops
    4) Play video games
    5) read
    7) History Channel and/or TLC
    9) Listen to music/write music
    10) work on my "novel"
    11) stargaze
    12) read techie stuff
    13) Study (when I'm in class)
    14) shoot pool/bowl
    15) watch movies
    16) make weird stuff
    17) work on cars
    18) photography
    19) buy stuff
    20) eat

5. BadB

May 25, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    I try to play bass when I'm bored. Like, now.
  6. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I spin my pencil/pen like a drumstick. I learned to do this really well when I was in school taking tests. I would always be done an hour early and I didn't have anything else to do.

7. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    i work at a mini golf place, so we have fun with golfballs when its slow. weve stacked 3 golfballs, but any higher is insane. even stacking 2 is pretty crazy, so 3 is hella lucky. we also have this little section of counter thats really warped from heat/age, with a little hole in the middle. it works as a miniature putting green since it has slight hills and bumps, and we add pools of water and other obstacles. one time i rolled the ball with a slight backspin, it went past the cup, rolled up a hill, and came right back down into it. that was the highlight of the week... :bassist:
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    When I get really bored, I watch TV. That only makes it worse.

9. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I take the discount diet soda that tastes like crap, an aluminum baseball bat, and play baseball with it. funny during, well, when Ifeel like pissing off someone at school
  10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  11. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy

Same here, I can get pretty into fiddling with random things. If I'm doodling on paper, I do something along the lines of seeing how many triangles I can draw inside a trapezoid, and then making a (near) mirror image of that.

Other than that, I log onto TB.
  12. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i play with my piercings (tongue, belly and septum).

hot, huh.
  13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    /googles septum

Good question. I take a magazine and read, I think.
  14. So Brendan, exactly how much pot do you smoke? :bag:
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

MMMM pot
  16. I stare into the black hole that is my fridge, I KNOW there is nothing in there, but i still look. Twenty minutes later i will look again, just incase something new has appeared. But today i have decided to do some of the things posted here to cure my boredom, this should be a sticky for boredom cures!
  17. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I used to insert myself under the coffee table in the living room, and pretend I was a spaceman in a spaceship.

Pretty wierd, huh? :D
  18. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    um... Talkbass, Ebay

Play, Bass Guitar or my Alto Sax and play with the drum machine.

Drive to 7/11 get a 96oz of Diet Coke, and a pack of Trolli Sour Patch Kids.

At the moment, its 830 here, and dark, my neighbor is mowing his lawn and chucking rocks and apples everywhere. I cant help but wonder why he is mowing the lawn in the dark.

Contemplate other oddities of the world.
  19. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Same here. Especially the History Channel.