Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jordan Luff, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Anyone else into this awesome Norwegian black metal band? Every single musician in Borknagar is very talented, especially the bassist. Makes me think of Steve Harris....except playing black metal. :D

My favorite song is "Colossus" by far. It's a tad more metal than black metal, though. Still amazing!
  2. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Haven't heard of them but another incredible Norwegian metal band is Spiral Architect. It's kind of like jazz-fusion death metal. The bassist Lars Norberg is absolutely incredible. His playing is very jazzy.

Speaking of metal, anyone here listen to any Cynic,Gordian Knot, or Aghora w/ Sean Malone? Another amazing player who pulls off alot of melodic horn-like lines in the context of a heavy group.
  3. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'm also a big Borknagar fan. I like their current lineup, although obviously Vortex is irreplaceable.

It used to sound kind of like a heavy opera at times, but now they have more of a "gothic" sound IMHO.

Had the chance to interview Vortex a couple of years ago (as a member of Dimmu Borgir). Nice guy and very interesting to talk to. Interestingly, he's never had any voice training at all!