Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Borrowed a Ibanez Roadgear..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nikolai, May 12, 2005.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
  2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Goodness...that looks really good...

Tell me how it is...

3. Nikolai

Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
    I like it alot, very nice sound from it, the combination of one MM style pickup and one jazz is really good imo.. really heavy bass, soundwise. Playability is great, low stringheight, really playable.

Just looking for other opinions :) just need to get talked out of buying it.. GAS costs me too much! lol

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I've tried a couple of these and I actually like them, especially for the money. The tone is nice and aggressive (and versatile), the neck feels good to my hands, they look good (to me) and they can be had for a good price.

Alas, I have G.A.S.

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1

I've played a few of these at GC's and have been very impressed by both tone and value (as was BassPlayer Magazine). I've got a Lakland 55-02 (also an MM-J), tho, so I'm not GAS'n for one currently. :)

6. Nikolai

Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
    But still.. im thinking.. its a fretless.. do i really need one? do i need a lined version? Im so unsure.. Cool bass, plays well etc.. This is hard.. I wont buy another fretted one as my warwick is more than good enough for that kind of playing/purpose