1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bose PA system my band is in love

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Helstar, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    Hey gang I just wanted to post that my band has been doing some shows with another band that uses teh Bose PA system. I know alot of people are curouis how these system sound......THEY ARE AWSOME....... first you have no personal amps, you have no monitors, you have very few cables on stage, you can still talk in teh bar with out yelling yoru head off, you can walk anywhere in the bar on the stage and it all sounds the same ...EXACTLY THE SAME. The band runs teh sticks in stereo they run line six floor units into a a digital recordring studio (tascam), then they woul use either one of their electric drum kits ran into the mixer recorder unit. Or they use a regular kit with a kick drum mic, and two over head mics,, then all of teh vocals are ran into the unit as well, and then the signal is sent to the Bose stickes. Now here comes the tricky part, they use two sticks, two of the Bose, sub boxes (each one containing two 6and a 1/2 drivers) and a Mackie 500 watt powered sub(12") they cross teh Mackie over at 120htz.This system kicks MAJOR A**I mean MAJOR A**. Now I do not thikn I would like the system for Metal with out teh Mackie, for a classics rock or a blues band jazz gospel fine, but for Metal yo need this powered sub and I would say maybe one more stick but that is you just want to be loud as F**K these things are plenty loud with only two but htey are CRystal clear, if you make a mistake it will show if you fret out it will show so yes it is very clear very very clear. but at teh end of the night the whole band fits in a short body mini van THE WHOLE BAND IN A SHORT MINIVAN YES THTA IS RIGHT IT IS AMAZING..........NOw my band has no money so we can not afford one of these systems but we do love the system alot so when ever we get a chance to open for these guys we do oh my god it is so easy you just plug your bass into the pod and play after two hours you are not tired you feel great your ears feel fine yoru throat does not hurt, you fingers are not bleeding, and you can walk anywhere in teh bar and still be right in teh mix THE SOUND DOES NOT CHANGE>>>>>>>>>
    if you ever get achance to hear one of these sytems or get toe play on one DO IT DO IT DO IT I love them, I just wish we had money LOL

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Not really related to recording equipment, so I'm moving this to Misc.