1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss Aw-3 and Ibanez SB7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MMFender, Apr 1, 2005.

1. MMFender

MMFender

Sep 26, 2003
    Istanbul,Turkey
    Hello
    i got boss aw-3 and ibanez sb7
    i like the low bassy wah mode (filter sound ) of ibanez
    and the very definitive-radical wah and synth sound of the Boss.

I want a single pedal that will have both of these
    aspects.But without the harshness and the trebly sound
    of the BOSS and without the too BASSY and subtle filter of
    Ibanez.

I am very picky about this filter affair.
    i still havent found the filter of my dreams.
    Mini Q Tron seemed too harsh and dirty as well.
    Is MEATBALL my only solution ?
    or EBS IQ ?

(i dont have a chance to try the MEATBALL and the EBS )
    But is it worth the money on Meatball ?

I guess i want
    1 - VERSATILITY (i found it on boss)
    2- ANALOG feel (i found it on ibanez )
    3- FUnky ness ( it was on Q tron )

2. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    if u seems to like the digitalness of the boss and ibanez, you should check out the Digitech Bass Synth Wah. it seems like EVERYONES using that thing, even though i despise digitech products other than their whammy...

3. hervetlse

hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    like you, i've got the ibanez sb7 and i like the autowah sound. I've tried many boss pedals and i have the pw10 wah wich is a good wah but just the wah sounds not the added od/dist emulated. With boss for me the problem is that you sound 'boss' quite all the boss pedals sound a little synthetic not enough transparent for me. i didn't try the aw-3. i bought a bassballs because i wanted a funky sound that wasn't enough in the sb7 and i can say it is FUNKY. With it, you quite don't need a flanger cause at the high settings there's a wovel like sound (turning? excuse my english i'm french). if i could choose only two pedals for funky sounds i would take the boss pw10 and the bassballs. The problem with the sb7 is that it has a good autowah sound but i don't like the 2 others modes as they are some kind of fuzzy synth sounds and i have what i need as od/fuzz ( a ts9 which is my best loved pedal and a fuzz face) i seem to be a od/dist/fuzz pedals freak as i have too, an akai g-drive a danelectro franch toast octave distortion (octave fuzz) to sound like hendrix with band of gypsies and a zoom uf-01 (ultrafuzz) but i think of these 5 pedals i will only keep 2 or 3 or maybe if someone is interested for trade or sale. What i lack in my setup is an octaver and a flanger (for now i would like to own the ehx octave multiplexor and the dod fx75c stereo flanger) if someone is interested or any good advice is welcome as i hope my answer helped you a bit. good music for all :bassist: ;)

4. MMFender

MMFender

Sep 26, 2003
    Istanbul,Turkey
    thank u for ur replies.
    hervestle :
    i finally bought a Q TRON +
    it is an awesome sounding pedal !!!
    258 USD though...a bit expensive but comparing to mooger fooger it is a much better deal for me.
    As for Flanger ; you can get the EBS UniCHorus if u want a subtle flange and subtle chorus (it has flanger button too)
    but if you want more versatility but can get away with digitallness get a BOSS BF-3
    i got them both and they are both nice to me.
    EBS Octaver is the BEST Octaver i ever heard !