Boss Aw-3 and Ibanez SB7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MMFender, Apr 1, 2005.

1. MMFender

Sep 26, 2003
    i got boss aw-3 and ibanez sb7
    i like the low bassy wah mode (filter sound ) of ibanez
    and the very definitive-radical wah and synth sound of the Boss.

I want a single pedal that will have both of these
    aspects.But without the harshness and the trebly sound
    of the BOSS and without the too BASSY and subtle filter of

I am very picky about this filter affair.
    i still havent found the filter of my dreams.
    Mini Q Tron seemed too harsh and dirty as well.
    Is MEATBALL my only solution ?
    or EBS IQ ?

(i dont have a chance to try the MEATBALL and the EBS )
    But is it worth the money on Meatball ?

I guess i want
    1 - VERSATILITY (i found it on boss)
    2- ANALOG feel (i found it on ibanez )
    3- FUnky ness ( it was on Q tron )
  2. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    if u seems to like the digitalness of the boss and ibanez, you should check out the Digitech Bass Synth Wah. it seems like EVERYONES using that thing, even though i despise digitech products other than their whammy...
  3. hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    like you, i've got the ibanez sb7 and i like the autowah sound. I've tried many boss pedals and i have the pw10 wah wich is a good wah but just the wah sounds not the added od/dist emulated. With boss for me the problem is that you sound 'boss' quite all the boss pedals sound a little synthetic not enough transparent for me. i didn't try the aw-3. i bought a bassballs because i wanted a funky sound that wasn't enough in the sb7 and i can say it is FUNKY. With it, you quite don't need a flanger cause at the high settings there's a wovel like sound (turning? excuse my english i'm french). if i could choose only two pedals for funky sounds i would take the boss pw10 and the bassballs. The problem with the sb7 is that it has a good autowah sound but i don't like the 2 others modes as they are some kind of fuzzy synth sounds and i have what i need as od/fuzz ( a ts9 which is my best loved pedal and a fuzz face) i seem to be a od/dist/fuzz pedals freak as i have too, an akai g-drive a danelectro franch toast octave distortion (octave fuzz) to sound like hendrix with band of gypsies and a zoom uf-01 (ultrafuzz) but i think of these 5 pedals i will only keep 2 or 3 or maybe if someone is interested for trade or sale. What i lack in my setup is an octaver and a flanger (for now i would like to own the ehx octave multiplexor and the dod fx75c stereo flanger) if someone is interested or any good advice is welcome as i hope my answer helped you a bit. good music for all :bassist: ;)
  4. MMFender

Sep 26, 2003
    thank u for ur replies.
    hervestle :
    i finally bought a Q TRON +
    it is an awesome sounding pedal !!!
    258 USD though...a bit expensive but comparing to mooger fooger it is a much better deal for me.
    As for Flanger ; you can get the EBS UniCHorus if u want a subtle flange and subtle chorus (it has flanger button too)
    but if you want more versatility but can get away with digitallness get a BOSS BF-3
    i got them both and they are both nice to me.
    EBS Octaver is the BEST Octaver i ever heard !