Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah ! kick-arse !!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 21, 2002.

1. So i was at the local music-joint today to purchase a boss ODB-3 ( i know.. i suck, so sue me ;) )

They had this cool new Boss pedal, called the AW-3 dynamic wah.. it has 2 inputs, one for guitar and one for bass :)

it is so cool ! i toyed with it for only a few mins, but it could make your bass do vowels like " aieeee " , " ooouaaa " and " oooeuuu " :D

and when you put an external expression-pedal to it, it's a normal wah, but VERY adjustable.

it's about $ 120, which is a fair amount of cash for a pedal that versatile imo :)

can't way till payday :D

2. I had one for a while--the novelty wears off very quickly, because it does horrible things to your signal when bypassed and the standard envelope filter sounds aren't all that great.

Certain things just have to be analog--filters are one of them.

3. You are correct sir! :D

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Listen to Peter! I didn't and got one and was disapointed:( I did get some cool sounds out of it matched with a octave box tho:D There are way better filter pedals out there for bass IMHO.

5. yeah some things just need to stay analog...