Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss AW-3 for $10??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Aug 10, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    One of our guitarists (singer/songwriter/acoustic guy's younger bro) is moving to Hawaii to join the Air Force, and is selling off all/most of his gear. I saw that he had a Boss AW-3, but the "Decay" knob is broken off, as someone stepped on it, but the other 3 work. It already sounds a lot better than the older AW-2 that used to be in production; I guess mainly from the dedicated "Bass In" input.

Anyhow, I've also heard you can take Boss pedals to GC, and they'll send them in, and usually fix them for next to nothing... any validation for this??

I think it's a good price, actually... btw. :) Good for $10??

2. buy it...then i'll give you 25 dollars for it ;)
    also, i doubt GC will fix it for next to nothing, unless nothing starts at 20 dollars, but you could probably contact boss, or any of the pedal modding guys here or anywhere on the internet...they could probably fix it for you...heck if you want, send it to me...maybe i'll fix it for free if i can do it!

Charlie

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I doubt Guitar Center will fix it for free like you hear... more than likely, you heard that due to a friend who got one repaired under warranty. Then they do it free. If they're anything like MXR, repairs start at $50.

If it works with the broken knob, go for it. Worst case scenario is you could probably double your money.

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    I'll mess with it a bit more and see if it's a keeper. I'd only use it for 2 or 3 small solo bits, but for $10, it's a great deal and probably will sound tons better than my Super Phaser for solos (not that it sounds bad, but that's not really what it's for, and the sound says so...). Also, whereabouts would you place a wah in the signal chain? Mine currently goes: Tuner, delay, chorus, phaser, PD7. Put it before the phaser or after, maybe? I know not after the OD, but just a few bits of advice would be nice!!

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    SOMEONE STEPPED ON THE STOMBOX?! That's crazy!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

More like, "hopped" off the bed right onto the controls part... so the story goes! It's like completely gone. Even the little metal part under the knob is broken off all the way down to like inside the screw... It kinda sucks, but it sounds good so far!!

Still need an idea as to where to stick it in the signal chain... :meh: I'm gonna try it before my Super Phaser tonight and see if that works out well...