1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss AW-3 remarks and question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ausf, May 4, 2010.

1. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    Just got one from a fellow TBer. It nails the sound I wanted and is saving my lower back a lot of agony that the Crybaby was causing. I even had a unlatched footswitch from my son's cheap Yamaha keyboard that works fine setting the tempo. A total win in my book.

Question is about the humanizer. It's neat (I see no real use for it at the moment), but I was curious about the distortion that accompanies the vowels. Is it par for the course because it's coming from a bass or is it because bass is active (a Ray, I've flattened out the EQ as much as possible)? I don't own a passive to see for myself.

By the way, I'm only fixating in the humanizer because the rest of the pedal is so right on, it's almost boring and I want to play with my new toy. ;)

Also, I got lucky with the footswitch, I don't want to push it, but is there as substitute for the Roland expression pedal out there, I mean I can't use my wah for that can I?

2. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    I dont think you could use the wah for expression, but try it and find out, you might be surprised