Boss aw-3 vs dunlop bass wah and Boss ps-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tiny Tim, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim

Jul 8, 2002
    Salem, Oregon
    Hello all
    I am disapointed with the Dunlop bass wah (delay in switching and poor sweep range) has anyone tried a aw-3 with an exspression pedal, how did it sound? I am also interested in more info on the Teese mc-3 wah, and anyone who has tried a wah modified by roger mayer.
    I am also interested in a boss ps-3 pitch shifter with an exspression pedal to do a whammy sound, has anyone tried this, how does it sound compaired to a digitech whammy?

Thank you for any assistance!
    Tiny Tim
  2. The AW-3 is noisy as hell. I wouldn't waste my money. You could get a Roger Mayer Vision Wah for the same cost as the AW-3 plus an EV-5.
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I have two wahs that have been modded by Mayer (one early 60s, one mid 70s)...I haven't tried either with a bass, though. I would try it for you, but I've never used the Dunlop or Boss, so I wouldn't know what to compare them to. On guitar, they don't have as much sweep as alot of Crybabies I've seen, but they don't get that awful nasally high-end shrill, either. I like 'em both, but I have been thinking of getting the older one re-modded, since it's getting a little weak. Roger's Vision Wahs are incredible, but I don't know if they are worth the money.