1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss aw-3 vs dunlop bass wah and Boss ps-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tiny Tim, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim

Jul 8, 2002
    Salem, Oregon
    Hello all
    I am disapointed with the Dunlop bass wah (delay in switching and poor sweep range) has anyone tried a aw-3 with an exspression pedal, how did it sound? I am also interested in more info on the Teese mc-3 wah, and anyone who has tried a wah modified by roger mayer.
    I am also interested in a boss ps-3 pitch shifter with an exspression pedal to do a whammy sound, has anyone tried this, how does it sound compaired to a digitech whammy?

Thank you for any assistance!
    Tiny Tim

2. The AW-3 is noisy as hell. I wouldn't waste my money. You could get a Roger Mayer Vision Wah for the same cost as the AW-3 plus an EV-5.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I have two wahs that have been modded by Mayer (one early 60s, one mid 70s)...I haven't tried either with a bass, though. I would try it for you, but I've never used the Dunlop or Boss, so I wouldn't know what to compare them to. On guitar, they don't have as much sweep as alot of Crybabies I've seen, but they don't get that awful nasally high-end shrill, either. I like 'em both, but I have been thinking of getting the older one re-modded, since it's getting a little weak. Roger's Vision Wahs are incredible, but I don't know if they are worth the money.