1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BOSS Bass Flanger BF-2B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Impulsee, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Has anyone played one of these or own one??~?? I was at my Local Music-Go-Round and saw it. Boss no longer makes it, and it was only 45$, so i picked it up. Iv never had a flanger, but this is pretty sweet. What do you guys think of them??~??

- w00t

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Its near the top of the heap as analog bass flanger pedals go. I used one for about two or three years, now I use digital, just personal preference.

3. w00t, i just got home and go to try it out and mess around with it. OMG, its the coolest stuff ever, i can get such cool noises outta it!!~!!

- w00t

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I looked and looked for a BF-2B and could never found one, so I settled for the BF-2,I am very happy with it, works great on song's like hearts
    barracuda. and works great with some distortion.
    here is a pic of my pedal board.[​IMG]

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I only have the guitar version, but it's still one of my favorite pedals.

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    BOSS now makes a new flanger pedal the BF-3, It has a seperate input for Bass, I have not tried it out yet, but it has some new slicer type effects. check it out at bossus.com.I want to go to the store and try it out, but I really like my old BF-2.I know just how to set it.:)

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have that exact same model and it is by far the best bass flanger I have ever heard, One of the only pedals I use.

8. JimS

JimS Supporting Member

Which one, Funkster: BF2, BF2B, or BF3?

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    The Brown BF2B, The one they don't make anymore.
    Awesome pedal, Real lush sounding and never looses the bottom.

10. JimS

JimS Supporting Member

Thanks Mr. Funkster.:bassist:

11. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Once in a while I kick on the distortion and the chorus and the flanger and the wah, and just go nuts.:)

12. JimS

JimS Supporting Member

After you guys raving about this I got curious and decided to buy one on Ebay for $39.00. :cool:

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Nice price on that, seeing how the new BF-3 are
    $109. at Sam Ash.:)

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    You got a great deal I paid 60 for mine off the bay, I'm sure your gonna really dig it. Let us know when you get it.

15. JimS

JimS Supporting Member

Not too bad: nice flange, quiet, no noticeable affect on tone when effect is off, no significant drop or boost in sound level. Freakin' bargain for what I paid.

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Awesome! :bassist: