Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BOSS Bass Flanger BF-2B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Impulsee, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Has anyone played one of these or own one??~?? I was at my Local Music-Go-Round and saw it. Boss no longer makes it, and it was only 45$, so i picked it up. Iv never had a flanger, but this is pretty sweet. What do you guys think of them??~??

- w00t

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Its near the top of the heap as analog bass flanger pedals go. I used one for about two or three years, now I use digital, just personal preference.

3. w00t, i just got home and go to try it out and mess around with it. OMG, its the coolest stuff ever, i can get such cool noises outta it!!~!!

- w00t

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I looked and looked for a BF-2B and could never found one, so I settled for the BF-2,I am very happy with it, works great on song's like hearts
    barracuda. and works great with some distortion.
    here is a pic of my pedal board.[​IMG]

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I only have the guitar version, but it's still one of my favorite pedals.

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    BOSS now makes a new flanger pedal the BF-3, It has a seperate input for Bass, I have not tried it out yet, but it has some new slicer type effects. check it out at bossus.com.I want to go to the store and try it out, but I really like my old BF-2.I know just how to set it.:)

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have that exact same model and it is by far the best bass flanger I have ever heard, One of the only pedals I use.

8. Which one, Funkster: BF2, BF2B, or BF3?

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    The Brown BF2B, The one they don't make anymore.
    Awesome pedal, Real lush sounding and never looses the bottom.

10. Thanks Mr. Funkster.:bassist:

11. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Once in a while I kick on the distortion and the chorus and the flanger and the wah, and just go nuts.:)

12. After you guys raving about this I got curious and decided to buy one on Ebay for $39.00. :cool:

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Nice price on that, seeing how the new BF-3 are
    $109. at Sam Ash.:)

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    You got a great deal I paid 60 for mine off the bay, I'm sure your gonna really dig it. Let us know when you get it.

15. Not too bad: nice flange, quiet, no noticeable affect on tone when effect is off, no significant drop or boost in sound level. Freakin' bargain for what I paid.