1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss BB-1X Bass Driver used as preamp, not overdrive.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by amper, Dec 4, 2017.

1. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    So, this past weekend, I picked up a Boss BC-1X Bass Comp from ProGuitarShop via Reverb, and I have to say, I think it is the most beautiful pedal I've ever seen. Now, I want to get a BB-1X Bass Driver, just because the two of them side-by-side would be gorgeous, but I really dislike overdrive or distortion on bass most of the time.

Still, I couldn't resist checking out some videos last night, and it never occurred to me that the BB-1X is also designed to be used like a preamp, so my question is, is anyone using a BB-1X that way, as a clean preamp, and how do you like it?

I mean, just look at these things! :swoon: And the BC-1X is working really well for my style of playing, I think. I may ditch tc electronic after spending a whole year building up my tc-based board, and head right back to Boss, for bass, at least.

bc_1x_angle_3_gal.

bb-1x_angle_zoom_gal.

Lloyd Darbon, wmmj and BeauZooka like this.
  2. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    LOL, tomorrow is my birthday, and someone just sent me money, so I ordered one for a good price.