1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss/Behringer lawsuit settled

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by glenn in NC, Apr 27, 2006.

1. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Tried to post this in news but I'm just a serf with restricted posting privies. Mods, please move this post if not appropriate.

Behringer/Roland Legal Battle Settled
    Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Roland and Behringer have announced that they have settled a lawsuit over the trade dress of the parties’ respective lines of guitar effects pedals. The other terms of the settlement are confidential.

Behringer last year introduced a line of pedals that some in the industry viewed as "clones" of popular Roland/Boss pedals. Behringer has made modifications to the line.

Dennis Houlihan, President of Roland Corporation U. S. commented: “We are satisfied that Behringer's current line of guitar pedals is now sufficiently different from the trade dress of the famous BOSS brand of pedals.”

Michael Deeb, CEO of Behringer, commented: “We have great respect for Roland and are pleased that our new line of guitar pedals is enjoying great success in the market.”
    http://www.podcastingnews.com/news/06_04/Behringer_Roland_Settle.html

2. I wonder what they look like now...

digitech maybe :)

I think moog would be clever ;)

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Still, I've heard some good things about these pedals...Probalby worth a look when I'm checkin out a tuner or something.

4. What have you heard bout the Behringer pedals?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, just about anywhere but here is good...

6. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I have the following Behringer pedals.

BASS EQ - Like
    Chorus - Like
    BASS OD - Don't Like
    Flanger - Don't like
    Delay - On Order

I get to take the ones I don't like back for a refund also.
    Thanks for the newspost, btw.

7. they have a delay out?

i might have check that out for a cheap circuit bending experiment :)

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm glad to see that the effects pedal market isn't magically immune from the "evils" of reverse engineering. :cool: