1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss BF-2 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BioDriver, Sep 21, 2008.

1. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I looked through the forums and didn't see anything, so I was just wondering what the difference was between the BF-2 flangers made in Japan and the others? (besides the black knobs, of course)

2. Nothing. They are made to the same specifications. Any perceived differences are likely due to factors completely unrelated to the place of manufacture, such as variations in component tolerances and factory adjustments.

3. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ah. So I guess the only reasons the Japanese BF-2s go for more on eBay is because of the collector's value?

4. I have heard that even though the BF-3 has a dedicated bass input, the BF-2 works better with bass.

I don't know if that's true though...I may be able to A/B my Japan BF-2 with my friend's BF-3 if you want me to?

5. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's what i heard but when I demoed one at the local music show I heard no difference between the BF-2 & BF-3's guitar input. The bass input didn't sound as good, IMO. Then again I was playing through an Orange amp, so perhaps this difference was just because of the Orange tone.