1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss BF-2 Settings Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I have noticed this pedal is fairly common among TB'ers, what are your settings? Here are mine (from left to right) - 11 o'clock - 3 o'clock - 11 o'clock - 1 o'clock

2. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    bump

3. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    basically 12oc on all knobs.

4. FINALLY!
    I have a BF-3 and have been waiting for someone to do this!

I'll back to you with my setting (on the assumption that the knobs of the BF-3 are similar to those on the BF-2).

Not meaning to hijack the thread - what would the settings be for Tool's Jambi and 46 & 2?

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Damnit, I knew a noob would come in here and bring that up.

The BF-3 and BF-2 are different. We don't need BF-3 settings in here :ninja:

And JC doesn't use a BF-3 so you're outa luck.

6. Cool - I am not a newbie (as such).

Thanks for you're arrogance...

I know the 2 are not the same, I never said the 2 were the same. I KNOW the 2 are similar, just thought that I may be able to contribute (obviously not).

7. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    You didn't use search, automatic fail in my department :D

8. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    anyone else?

9. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    one last bump...

10. Manual: 3 o'clock
    Depth: 5 o'clock
    Rate: 7 o'clock
    Res: between 9 and 12 o'clock, depending on how much I feel like a rubber band :p

11. ****. The BF-2 used to be the only pedal I owned (HA!) and I had a chart of like, ten different settings I'd switch between.

The only one I remember is, from left to right (I can't even remember the knobs, just the positions):

10:00
    11:00
    1:00
    2:00

I guess I should mention that I'm pretty opposed to Post Yr Settings threads, as a rule. I think you should tweak your settings according to what sounds best in the particular context of the music going on around you, not run a static setting and try to mash it into whatever it is you're doing.

12. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    Manual: Hard L
    Depth: Hard L
    Rate: Hard R
    Res: Hard R

You may have to tweak the internal trimpots a bit--once you do this setting is an express train to self-oscillating psychedelic feedback. It's a weird, whistling reverb/ring modulator kind of tone and you can change the pitch with the manual knob.

13. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    there's internal trimpots in the mij bf-2?

14. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    7:00, 10:00, 10:00, 7:00

(/) (\) (\) (/)

15. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    Yessir, yessir, three bags full.

One controls overall effect volume, the other two seem to alter maximum resonance and some frequency parameter.

I had my BF-2 for a few years and didn't really like it on bass. One day I took it apart and found the trimpots. Messed around with them while playing 'til I got it sounding real good, haven't touched 'em since. Be sure to mark the pots with a felt-tipped pen before twiddling so you can get back where you started if need be.

16. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    all in clock positions:

11/11/11/5

love this pedal.

17. I just received mine today and that was the first setting I tried - so much better than the BF-3. :bassist:

18. does any one know the settings justin uses in 46 & 2?
    stangely search yielded nothing

19. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    YOUR SEARCHING SKILLS HAS LOWERED BY -1000.3 POINTS.

20. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer

Aug 17, 2006
    I always change settings with my BF-2 cuz I always seem to want a different sound from it but one (not as traditionally usable) tone I keep coming back to is all knobs maxed. Throw it after a fuzz and it sounds so... awesome. It's so fast it stops sounding like flanging and starts sounding like it's "vibrating", sounds really cool after heavy fuzz.