Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss CE-2B chorus pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StarchMan, Aug 4, 2003.

1. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Worth keeping? Thinking of selling it cuz it's not true bypass.

2. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Defiantly worth keeping, it's a lovely chorus pedal. I got mine second hand almost 10 years ago and would never part with it.
    I'm not sure what you mean about not being a true bypass, I find it doesn't colour my sound when not in use.

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    If you do sell it let me know!!!

4. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    well I find it thins out my tone when I have it turned off. Most Boss pedals do affect your tone, depending what order they're in and such. But in generaly, they are not "true bypass", so that's why. I paid like $120 used for it (due to shipping). How much you willing to pay Bass Man!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    A little defiance goes a long way. I'd definitely keep it, unless you're getting coloration when it's off.

6. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I had a Big Muff once and that really sucks out your tone when turned off. Pity because it's a good overdrive. I can't say that I notice much if any loss of signal from BOSS pedals.

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Sorry my friend the price used at my local Daddy's junky music is about 50-60 bucks depending on the condition. I could not possibly offer what it's worth to you so I'll pass.
    Thanks for the offer.

8. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    that was in canadian dollars lol. I could sell it for 60$ american.

9. Get a loop true bypass for $40 from Loooper guy.

I think www.loooper.com

I have one and it's great. Do a search on this forum.

10. Rodgre

Rodgre

Aug 8, 2003
    Hey Henry, nice to see a friend here.

I love this pedal. I used it as my main chorus for guitar for years. I liked it's tone better than any other mono chorus I tried (or could afford) If you use chorus and the lack of true bypass bothers you, use a simple TBP loop switcher. I never noticed a tone loss with mine, and I'm kind of snobby about that sort of thing too. I say keep it.

Roger

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Roger I just checked your profile, Welcome aboard my friend, This is where I hang when not on Wormtown. I been trying to get Ron to come on over here also but I think the youngsters keep scaring him away, LOL
    I will have one of the CE2b's eventually but right now I'm waiting on a Bass Fuzz to be built!!( I can't wait)
    Rog what are you talking about with a TBP loop switcher? I use a Boss BF2B bass Flanger and now I'm wondering if it sucks my tone out? Would one of these TBP's be useful to me for that pedal also? Do you build them?
    Thanks Bro