1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss CH-1 for Bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TortillaChip520, Apr 10, 2010.

1. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    I would have searched, but the engine only recognizes "Boss".
    Somebody is potentially trading me a CH-1 chorus pedal for my SYB 5 synth pedal on craigs. The only thing is that the last time I tried a boss chorus pedal (I don't remember the model), it sounded too thin. Does anybody use this pedal, or would recommend it?

2. I used to use a newer model. I quite liked it. I tried a CH-1 a long time ago and from memory I liked it, but it was so long ago that I can't really remember much about it...

Try using the TB google search function. It will pick up 'CH-1' and should give you some results. It is much better than the limited internal search.

3. FWIW, Rex Brown of Pantera and Down uses one of these pedals and seems to like it.

4. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    Does it get enough low end?

5. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    Agh, I shoulda remembered :scowl:

Well, I guess it was about time for a new thread anyways :)

6. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
  7. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
  8. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
    I think you mite be better off just going for the bass version and not do the trade

9. wetzelman1

wetzelman1

Feb 12, 2009
    definitely do a search since I can't remember off the top of my head.

obviously everyone has a different opinion but I remember people not liking this one as much as the ce-5 or 2 for bass.

it's really up to your own ears to see if its what you're looking for.

10. dirtytone

dirtytone

Nov 9, 2012
    I had the cb3 bass chorus. It was Okay. But that's about it. Kinda sterile. I liked the features, but it was really light effect. Not much depth to it.. I ran it in my line though, not in the loop. Might have changed a bit, but I doubt it. I didn't care for it too much. I am looking to get the ch-1 or small clone or something similar. I don't recommend it unless you get it for like 20 bucks or something.. Lol..

Cheers.

Hartke Ha3500. Ampeg svt-15/svt18e

11. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    It doesn't sound bad. It's good enough for Dave Edwardson of Neurosis, for starters. There aren't a whole lot of demos online, but I found this one: