Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Apr 20, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I started another thread asking for a cheap effect suggestion but saw i wouldnt get much in the $29-$39 range.
    So i see this Boss Chorus for $69. Now our band is pretty straight-forward, doing country rockish stuff with some Neil Young type jams. Would the chorus be good for this (amybe even for the slower songs)? Is the best one in this price range?
    Is this the one stomper i should have, or at least a good place to start.
    I do have a Dano guitar fuzzbox. I have a few basses but mostly use a Dano.
    Thanks!

2. In my opinion chorus is a good all around type of effect, but this is a tough question to answer. Really what it boils down to is that you need to go to your local shop and try different pedals to find the one that YOU like. After you make a decision, look around here and on e-bay, chances are you will find what you want in your price range.

3. Noticed you're from the Springs! Right on! I used to play the Open Stage at the Ancient Mariner in Manitou...then I moved back home to New Orleans...now Im in Denver...yadda yadda yadda...haha. Just wanted to jump in and say hey!
    Peace!
    Spanky

4. And in reply to the question at hand, I agree you should go and try everything out, and choose what sounds good to you.
    If it sounds good to YOU, its going to make you sound better, you'll play better, because you'll FEEL better about the sound.
    I personally recommend that you try the Boss Chorus, and the Boss Flange pedals. Their just my personal favorite as far as stomp box effects for bass go. (I like Wah pedals as well).
    Best of luck in your search!
    Spanky

5. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I ended up with a Digitech Bass Multichorus. That's what the store had and they sold me on it.
    I got it on my way to work and I'm there now but will report back later. I know the suspense will be killing ya.
    Oh also i just read these things suck batteries so i bought a godlyke adapter over the net. The guitarist is just going to kill me.

6. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have the Boss Bass Chorus. I like it, it does the job nicely, and I think it was was less than $80 new. This model allows you apply the chorus effect to the entire signal, or if you like, you can just apply chorus to the mids and highs leaving the low end intact without chorusing.

7. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Well i wanted the Boss but ended up with the Digitech, which costs more ($99).
    The feature you mention seems important. I wish i had heard about it before i sprung for the one i got. Anyway i have it and it's nice. Have to keep it set low for my kind of sound.

8. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I mentioned this in another thread but i bought a wah for my guitar player's birthday (we go waaaaaay back) and gave it to him tonight. he was touched. I mentioned to him that i bought the bass chorus for myself and he wanted to touch my head with a brick. This is great: a country rock band with a wah-wah lead guitar and a bass that sounds like Rush (or whatever band uses a lot of effects, i wouldnt know).