1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ElectroStompbox, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    so many boss chorus pedals old and new..........i just dont know wich one to get

2. Cajunmetalist

Cajunmetalist

Aug 26, 2006
    Eunice, La
    Hard Choice yes!

3. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    i was looking at an old ce-2b at my local guitar center:bag:

4. ...the one you like the sound of?

I don't get it, are you asking a question or just making a statement?

Please don't let the question be "what is the best <insert effect type>?"

5. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    Dude, you have to seriously stop posting multiple threads on the same topic. And according to your signature, you've already made your decision.

6. +10000000000000000000000

sheesh. most people get the point after 2 or 3 threads...

this isn't a "chat room" or an "instant messaging" service. say the same thing over and over, and people start to resent you.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Let's make it even clearer: ElectroStompbox, your posts are thoughtless and disrespectful, and I do not appreciate it. You have been advised how to behave in this forum, and you are not listening.

1) Search thoroughly before posting. Use the "Google Talkbass" search, it works best for non-supporting users.
    2) Actually READ the threads you find on whatever subject.
    3) NO multiple posts on one subject. This is NOT a chat room.
    4) Read the stickies.

8. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've watched a workmate here 'chatting'. Chat rooms SO-suck!

I'm serious: I'm pretty-sure that Chatrooms are appreciably responsible for a huge degradation of English language skills (I can only speak for English!) that's evident today.

Just using a chatroom TRAINS and conditions one toward bad grammar, bad spelling and punctuation and syntax; NOT 'thinking something through' before writing, NOT thinking something through that they've read, butting-in -- and a general don't-give-a-rip attitude.

It really irks me to see a thread title with blatently transposed letters in a word. ..And I simply won't participate in a thread who's Looser-OP uses "chat-speak" spelling and grammar (Oh - I'm sorry - are you one of them? YOU'RE A LOOSER!).

If someone's going to attempt to activate ONE OF THE WORLD'S FORMOST COLLECTIVE AUTHORITIES on all-things Bass Guitar (it's true; it just is), they should have enough respect to AT-LEAST thoughtfully compose and spell.

Joe

(edit) ...And Electro: I'm coming-up on TWENTY-FIVE HUNDRED posts; I've started FIFTEEN threads - that comes-up to 0.6% of my posts. You're at 42% - going by these true stats, you start threads SEVENTY-TIMES more often than I do; see how rediculous that is?

I take starting a thread pretty seriously; you should too.

9. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    his profile says he's 15 years old...nuff said

10. Why Boss? There are hundreds of other companies out there.

11. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    [finishes some incomprehensible calculations on a chalkboard]

...:eek:...

I figured out the problem! It all makes sense now!

We're actually on BlogBass! :bag:

12. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    age isnt the problem......you dont have to be ignorant a-holes about it....god if you see the same thread DONT READ IT! let a mod tell me something.........besides.......im not doing it on purpose i just dont realize im doing it.......gosh.......and how can you not appreciate it? its not like you r whole life is ruined cuz i UNporposly posted a thread aout chorus pedals :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. accidentally?

and on a side note, i like my CEB-3

14. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    The CEB-3 gets a bit of a bad rap in here...but I think it sounds pretty good too when used as a nice subtle chorusing effect

15. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    You're right, age isn't the problem. I'm 15 as well.

16. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Good point, your posts seem to be pretty sharp, and I know we've had plenty of other smart young contributors, so age by itself isn't the problem. But I'm betting you read a book now and then, unlike some other young folks around here. :)

17. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    sorry about blowing up but i just didnt realize i posted another chorus thread:smug: as far as the ceb-3 i hear people say its bad thats why i was wondering about the ce-2b its older predessecor

18. Just get a CE-5 if you want a BOSS chorus. I tried it out once, and it sounded great. I got a Peter Hook sound out of it (he's the main reason why I want a chorus pedal).

19. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    thats wat others poimt towards but i was wondering if the ce-2b would be just as good for a cheaper price

20. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Two words: Clone Theory.

If you want Peter Hook's sound, that's really all you need to get started. It's what he used in New Order!

You'll also need to dramatically adjust your EQ... think "smiley-face"!

BTW, nad... If you keep that up, they'll can you quicker than a fresh batch of Spaghetti-O's! :eek: