1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BOSS CS-3 noise question ~

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe Louvar, Dec 12, 2013.

1. A few weeks ago I bought a used/secondhand BOSS CS-3, and recently I bought a BOSS model ACA120 power wart/supply for it. The CS-3 compressor/sustainer is quiet when operating on battery power - however, its really noisy when powering with the ACA120 power supply.

My question: Is this normal, or is it possible I bought a defective CS-3?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Hmm. 55 Views. Doesn't anyone know?

Also is there another compressor/sustainer that sounds like the BOSS CS-3, but that's quieter when operating on its power supply - and maybe in a tiny 5090A size?

3. boomertech

boomertech Frank Appleton Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 8, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    If you are happy with the pedal on battery, then I suggest trying other power supplies.

-Frank

4. Hmm the BOSS ACA-120 power wart is recommend by BOSS and its works okay (quiet) with my other BOSS effects - but okay, I'll take it to a music store and try some other power supplies. Thanks Frank

Does anyone have a BOSS CS-3 that you can test to see if your CS-3 does the same thing or not? Thanks

5. mine was kinda noisy stock w/ battery or power supply, so i got the MA mod done on it which eliminated that problem.

might be a bum wall wart. mine worked fine with PP2+ & BBE Supacharger. might try a Onespot.