Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss customer service?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick man, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hi,

I have recently decided to take advantage of Mars Music's unfortunate situation by buying a GT-6B from them for a low cost.

I love the sounds, and I know that Boss products are very sturdy and generally reliable, but this is an item which has been taken out of the box, and probably tried. Im not sure if it was their floor model or not, but I do know that I should be concerned about reliability issues.

I am just wondering if any of you have had problems with their products, and how Boss was about returns and repairs? I would really like to have any input, especially if youbbought used, or floor model pieces.

Thanks

Peace
    Nick

2. Nick:
    call the Boss home office (don't email) and speak to someone there.
    I had a similar experience. I found a demo model Vbass at GC. Bought it cheap, but it was used, out of box, and had no documents. I called Roland, i wanted to know my warrenty rights and coverage. After a few minutes w/ tech services they asked me to fax a copy of my sale receipt and the Serial# off the vbass. W/in 3 days i recieved a package from Roland w/ all the vbass documents, warrenty card, info sheets, and a 1yr warrenty.
    frank

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for the post!

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear!

Ill do exactly as you said, and Ill post what happens.

More experience stories would still be apreciaited!

Peace
    Nick

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I just realized that the # on their website is for their UK offices.

Does anyone know if they have any offices in the US that I could contact?

Peace
    Nick

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  6. to me this is more Misc than effects, sorry if i misjudged..

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You are probably right Freaky.

I thought about that but figured I would get more responses in effects, and I wasnt positive where it could go, so basically thanks:D ...

Peace
    Nick