1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss DD-20 anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, May 1, 2004.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Anyone use a Boss DD-20 delay? There is not much in the archives about it. It appeals to me with the 23 second delay function (small looping ability....I don't need the RC20 5 minute loops), but to also use short delays when needed and reverse for unique tones.

Anyone?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Looks cool, but if you only want the looping function the RC-20 not much more. OTOH, if you want delay this could be the new Headrush?? I guess we'd need to know a little more about it's loop features and sound quality.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I just picked one up. Haven't run a bass through it yet, but it sounds super nice with guitar. Lots and lots of features, and the LCD is a nice touch. I'm not a vintage snob, so I have no idea of how well it emulates the tape echo or AD-9 or whatnot, but it's a great digital delay.

The only achillies heel with this pedal -- as reported elsewhere -- is that you can't store your loops. Looks like Boss didn't want to cannibalize sales of the RC-20.