Boss DD-3 Delay hold function

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fretless FX, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Fretless FX

Fretless FX

Feb 2, 2004
    How does this function work exactly. Also, is there a difference between old and new versions?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  3. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    I've just got a DD-3 and also want to know how it work!
  4. download the manual from roland's website, they got them all there.
  5. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I just realized I don't know how it works either, I've only had it for a day or so :meh:
  6. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    If it's like my DD-5, you rotate the "Mode" knob to "Hold" mode. The LED should be off. Then, step on and hold the footswitch down while playing a phrase or riff or whatever. You should hear repeats indefinitely. You'll probably have to mess with this feature for a while to get the hang of it, but once you do, LOOK OUT! You can do some pretty cool stuff with that pedal. Good luck.
  7. It's not a phrase doesn't have the memory/delay time to do that.

All the hold mode does is loop the last repeat indefinatly. So you could hit a note, press down on the pedal, and it'll play that note(repeat) over and over until you let go. So theoretically you could sustain a note for hours.

In practicality though, I've found it pretty useless.....since the loop stops as soon as you release the pedal and it continually "records" as it's held down everything will eventually turn into a big wall of noise. Which I suppose'd be cool if you could ever find a use for it.
  8. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    It sounds like it functions differently than the DD-5.
  9. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
  10. Fretless FX

Fretless FX

Feb 2, 2004
    Do you have to keep the pedal pressed in with your foot for the momentary function to work?
  11. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boss doesn't allow free downloading of manuals.
    The DD3 Hold function works just like the DD-5/6, just with a shorter loop (800 ms).
  12. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Just an FYI, the download is free, you just have to register just as you registered to be able to use TB.