1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist519, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    I am looking for a pedal that i can jsut play a riff and solo over it. I think this pedal looks like it would work for me but i only have 1 question. COuld i play a riff and have it going forever and then like record a higher part to compliment it, so they're both palying at the same time?

THanks

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I think you need at least the Boss DD-6 (which give you about 5 seconds of time for a continual loop) or better still the Boss DD-20 which give you 23 seconds of loop time. I think the DD-3 is just a short delay (almost too short for bass use).

There are also many other loopers and delays out there that can do even fancier multi loops and such (Line 6, Loop Station, Akai Headrush).

3. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, I've got a DD-3. The delay time is too short, unless, well, your riff is really short.

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I use the DD-6,you play a riff,then you can solo over it.Yes
    they both play at the same time.Works great.

5. The line 6 delay will probably do what you want & more- it's got a 14 (28 in low resolution) second looper.

6. yes, the DD3 delay time is too short for what you need. However, an important thing to know in using the DD6 (which i dont think should bother you) is that when the pedal is turned off, the delayed passage carries on, whereas the DD3 cuts off automatically.