Boss DD-6 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RS, Sep 9, 2004.

1. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    To anyone who has or has used this pedal, can you tell me exactly how the tap tempo function works? I must be stoopid because I haven't figured it out.
  2. well, since nobody who has one has said anything yet, I will!

well, by the looks of the box on, it says "set tempo press & hold (>2 secs)"
    my guess is you have to hold the pedal down for two seconds, then let go when you want it to regenerate...
    thats what i am guessing, try it...

so anyways, what is that warp function all about? i was looking at the description, and it didn't really say.

it sounds cool though...
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I haven't used it either, so can't say for certain...

but the tap tempo on the boss rc-20 works by having you press the tap tempo button in time with the music.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't have it either, but it sounds like it works like the phaser.

1) hold for 2 sec.
    2) tap in the tempo you want.
    3) hold for two seconds.
  5. supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Don't knowabout the DD-6, but FWIW the DD-5 has a separate momentary footswitch input for tap tempo. Very easy, very flexible, no delay in setting tempo. Tap it four times to establish a bar's worth of tempo and blammo, you're still in sync with the rest of the band.

I don't know if I could get with that "hold for 2 sec" crap. I got a gig to play, cha-cha! How can that be helpful in real time?
  6. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    That's correct. You need to tap at least three times to set a tempo.
  7. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately when I tap in the tempo it often doesn't come out right. It seem to me the timing varies depending on what mode I'm in (30 ms, 800ms, etc.)

Again, am I dumb and just can't tap right or would I be better off get a DD-3 or DD-5 and the separate tap pedal?