1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss Delay issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by silen7ce, Apr 10, 2010.

1. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    I have a DD-3 (80s model) that has been giving me trouble for months, I broke out my multimeter today and started testing connections and randomly it sprung to life after touching 2 points. Now it works fine but with a strange issue...

After either the power or input is unplugged AND it is set to one of the timed delay modes, it takes about 5 seconds before it will work when you plug it back in. Before that, switching doesn't turn it on.

If it is set to the hold mode, it turns on right away and when i switch the mode, they work immediately.

Once the pedal has been plugged in for 5 seconds, I tested it and it worked fine for about 30 minutes before i unplugged it to try to figure out what the issue could be...

Any ideas?

Its driving me nuts!

Prior to now, only the hold function worked so I thought it might be the selector knob but now I am second guessing that.