Boss Delay Pedals-what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimmy462, Sep 22, 2006.

1. jimmy462

jimmy462

Nov 2, 2005
    Tennessee
    did a search, but couldn't find much- - - whats the differences in the boss delay peals dd-3, dd-5, dd-6? any help is appreciated

2. DD-3 max delay time is 800ms. Has hold function.
    DD-5 max delay time is 2000ms (according to the one an ebay). Has tap tempo? when used with an external footswitch?
    DD-6 max delay time is 2600ms. Has reverse setting. Has 'warp' setting. Has hold function

The DD-5 is only available used.

UK prices for a DD-3 is £74 and a DD-6 is £104. Those aren't the cheapest prices just the first website I found.

3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Also the DD-3 has tap tempo with an external footswitch while the DD-6 can do tap tempo if you hold down the main stomp for '>2 sec' (this is annoying because you always have to have +2 seconds to switch to tap tempo and +2 seconds to turn off the pedal when using tt, so it's only really useful if you have time/use it for a whole song or have an effects loop). 'Warp' is like a combination of a regular delay and a 'hold' function -- it functions like a delay, but 'holds' when you hold down the stomp (the 'hold' decays when you let off the stomp).

If you have the cash, go for the DD-20 instead -- 24 sec of delay, dedicated on/off and tap tempo/memory plus oodles more settings.

Also, the DD-5 is believed to be warmer sounding, which is why it's still sought after.

4. jakec

jakec

Jan 15, 2011
    my freind has a problem with his delay. think he has the dd3 or dd5 im not sure but the pedal will only work if u hold down the pedal. i dont know if this is a broken pedal or whether its a function on the pedal. please help. thanks

5. don't leave out the DD-7.

6. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Since I don't do Brian May stuff on bass, the DD-3 is good for me. I love mine.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022