Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss EQ Pedal Settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WildBill, Dec 7, 2002.

1. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    I just purchased a Boss EQ pedal off of Musicians Friend and I was wondering how all the other TBer's with this pedal set it and also how it performs.
    thanks
    -Cody

2. bump

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    If you're referring to the GEB-7, I bought one a few weeks back-It is a very valuable tool.
    Settings depend entirely on your instrument/amp
    and the room.
    As an example, with my passive P-Bass I can add some punch; with my (new!) active Tobias, i can roll off some mids, etc.
    I also play in a club right on the beach, and the open room can be a challenge-very "boomy", and here is where the Boss really helps by letting me tweak through the frequency range to get a nice balance to the tone.
    It really simple-Just cut or boost the curve using the level control, probably most effective after the
    tone is dialed in on your amp and your bass.
    BTW- I have at my disposal (6) Boss pedals carried in 2 of the BCB-3 pedal cases. FUN!
    You also might enjoy the LMB-3 Limiter/Enhancer
    for more tonal exploration-It's a good tool for compression and shaping the tone.
    Have Fun!