1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BOSS Flangers - BF-2 vs. BF-3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tplyons, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Anyone A/B these? Are the BF-3's Bass input and stereo output features worth while? How does it sound compared to the BF-2? Anyone?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, I have recently bought both, and the BF-2 is now on ebay (they both came from ebay!)

I don't knwo about the stero output on the BF-3, I don't have 2 rigs, and I haven't had my main rig near my practice combo to try it (but I didn't just get it for the stero output!)

There are separate input for guitar and bass on the BF-3 - haven't tried it with my guitars yet!

I fidn that the BF-3 is easier to control - it seems easier to me to get the sounds I want, plus you get a few options of type of flanging effect.

Something else I've noticed is that so far it has been pretty noiseless, I noticed on the BF-2 it could ba little noisy - like waves gently washing up on a beach....a bit annoying and without a noise gate/suppressor would have been a pain to record with. It might have been notiecable live too - but didn't try it in anger!

BF-2 still gives some real nice sounds though - mine is however back on ebay for sale!

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i owned both at one time or another. i thought they were great, however, they had a "metallic" sound to them. i didn't really like it. it sounded a little to stiff for me. so i ended up getting a dod bass flanger fx75 or something like that. look for those, best flanger i ever had.

4. motherfunker

motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    I got a BF-3 and I can really say it's a sweet pedal.

It has a nice, diverse sound that can satisfy most players--They only problem is it's a bit on the pricey side.

As for the overall stereo effect, I can't say; I only use one amp.