Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss FT-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Is the discontinued boss dynamic filter worth searching for, or are new dynamic/envelope filters so much better that the effort is unmerited?

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Try the Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah. It's basically an updated version of the FT-2 Dynamic Filter.

3. The AW-3 is pretty sweet, I've found. Like all effects, it should not be overused.

4. The FT-2 was lame IMO, very conservative and dull, no real "character." I sold mine and bought a Mutron. The expression pedal input was cool...I've since stuck a big stereo knob on the depth control of my Mutron III+ so I can twiddle it with my toe...almost good.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    are you experienced with this pedal?
    thanks

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Mutrons or failing that Q-trons are much much better IMO also.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    thanks for your assistance

the ibanez phat hed is a distortion for bass, right?
    and that has to do with envelope/dynamic filters how? btw, i have an overdrive already, the boss bass one, and it does a great job. i'm sorry but i just DO NOT understand your question, barroso.

i asked for your opinions of the ft-2 b/c it seems to be a relatively cheap priced upgrade from a dod envelope filter. if it isn't much better, i reckon i'll just wait for the money for the ebs bassIQ....oh well, the dod does a good job at squawking for now

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    honestly i clicked the wrong button. instead the new thread button i clicked on the post reply button. so instead startin a new thread about the fat head i post a question completely out of the argument. sorry!