Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss:gimme 7......................Hurry

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Piezoman, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Guitar center is having a deal over the weekend. 7 pedals for $99. Everyone I know says they're the best. Which effects should I pick. They can only be the single effect units.

Do I really need effects?

Which are good for Heavy metal, Hard rock or alternative rock? My bands in between all these.

2. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Forgot to say they're 7 Boss peds

3. the best???Boss?that can (and probably will) be argued,but I won't go there...I will give suggestions though...o.d\distortion\fuzz is good in a metal setting,maybe a chorus..how'bout a phase or a flange...envelope filter.all fun stuff.....oh.don't rule out a compresser or the ls2 line selector or the ns2 noise suppressor,or maybe the tu2 tuner, they can be useful tools..the last three mentioned will send power to the other pedals w\ the daisy chain adapater....7 pedals for $99.,sounds like a good deal...weather or not you NEED them, can(and probably will)also be debated...but again,..I won't go there:)

4. i think there HAS to be a typo there... the average boss pedal costs around 99 bucks... if there is 7 for 99 then it doesnt matter if you need them or not because you can make a killing selling them on ebay or what not...
    id say go with the ceb-3 chorus, tu-2 tuner, both delay pedals, flanger, pitch shifter, and octave...
    then send the pitch shifter to me....

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, Im not sure such a deal is possible.

Boss pedals sell from 50-up.

I doubt that they would have such a sale unless they were goin out of buisness.

Peace
    Nick

6. yeah,....that does sound too good.....are they goin out of business too?::confused:

7. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I dont think they're goin out of bussiness. Crazy Deal? I think it's just pedals like Distortion and chorus. And whichever other ones they have. Basic effects.

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I can assure you, Guitar Center is not going out of business...

I would definately look at that deal again... that is pretty good!

P@

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm VERY skeptical. If this is true, why am I not at GC? I don't use pedals (except TU-2 and CEB-3), but I'd buy seven pedals for $99 just to brag about the deal.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, they are just basic pedals, but they are bassic Boss pedals which still = $.

Well anyways here are the ones I say you go for:
    -Flanger
    -Bass Chorus
    -Octave
    -Tunner
    -Bass OD
    -Metal Dist
    -Phaser

Peace
    Nick

11. I think you may have this confused with the Danelecro mini pedal deal
    its a set of seven "groovy" pedals in a box for 99 bucks...
    this i wouldnt really recommend... especially not for bass..

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This makes more sense. I think I saw that deal.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The first thing that came to my mind when I saw 7 pedals for $99 were those Danelectros.

They suck.

Peace
    Nick

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Word. Our old guitarist got a echo pedel, and thought it sounded "Awesome" ....till i brung over the ol DD3. The next day he had gotten one..... danelectro my A$$!

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well, A friend of ine bought their full sized distortion pedal and it was fine, Its only the small ones that are crap.

Peace
    Nick

16. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I tried out the new Reel Echo (tapeless take on the old WEM Copicat). Used a strat and I felt like Hank Marvin. Prob the best echo pedal I heard.