1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BOSS GT-10B and Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jfh2112, Oct 26, 2013.

1. jfh2112

jfh2112

Jun 18, 2013
    Brookhaven, MS
    Apparently, the Windows 8.1 upgrade was a terrible mistake. :spit:

I brought my GT-10B home from the rehearsal space and was going to reconnect it to my freshly-upgraded Win8.1 PC, but for the life of me I cannot get the drivers to install. Somehow, I futzed around and got audio to work, so I can use it for practice, but I really want to mess around with FX Floorboard and custom patches, but I can't do that because FX Floorboard doesn't see the GT-10B.

Anyone else with a GT-10B having an issue like this? I'm tempted to roll back to Win8; I *know* it worked there.

2. mertznet

mertznet

Oct 26, 2013
    Same deal with me. I upgraded to 8.1 and haven't been able to get my GT-10B drivers to install. I don't use my 10B for many sounds but I do use it to send midi signals to a laptop during gigs in order to control my light show. I had to use built in programs for a recent gig as a result. Frustrated. I don't see a convenient way to roll back to 8.0 either without doing a factory reset basically on my laptop.

3. mertznet

mertznet

Oct 26, 2013
    I already tried that method and no joy.