1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss GT-1B Direct Out?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by glasser_cannon, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

So my church is looking for a "cheap" bass rig for when I'm not there because I guess my $1000+ board actually makes a tonal difference when it comes to mixing. I've been looking at the Boss GT-1B all morning because I keep a majority of my pedals on for shaping and only add two or three pedals here and there for accenting stuff.

My main question, because it has a stereo output, is it possible to set one of the outputs as a direct out of just the bass's unprocessed sound? I have a DI box at the beginning of my chain that we send right to the board with a low pass filter to emphasize the low end, and I haven't found a ton of ways to replicate it yet without buying a DI box and a mutable tuner to go before the GT-1B.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Txnrcr

Txnrcr

Feb 2, 2017
    North Texas
    The L/R outputs are the processed signal through the GT-1B. Unfortunately it does not have a pass through output.
    I do not think there is a way to split the signal through the unit for a clean / effected signal pair.
    I have gone through all the settings on mine quite a bit. Also no mention of this ability in the user manual.

An A/B/Y box before the unit may get what you want, or a Boss LS2 if you want to split and then remix a clean/effected signal to just one channel of FOH.