Boss GT-6B as a Preamp!!-Anybody doing it??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Steelpulz, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    I have a gt-6b that I would like to use as a preamp. I play contemporary gospel mainly. I want to use the gt-6b directly to a power amp (Samson SX-1200). However, I don't like the sound or level that I am getting.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings I should use. By the way I play finger style 60-70%, 30-40% slap

thanks for the info.
  2. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this. It maybe a few years old but it definately rings a bell. I heartily recommend searching ( not meant in a sarcstic or condescending way).
  3. Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    I did a search..but none mentioned specific settings. Do I use the preamp, EQ,??? How do I set it up?
  4. TMWPB

Mar 1, 2004
    Portland, Oregon

I recently started doing this. The first thing I did was make all the possible combinations of heads and speakers, all set flat, (Flip top w/ original speaker, 360 w/ 2x15, session w/ 8x10, etc.) all in the U1-U0 banks. Then I set up u2 as my distortions, and u3 as my other effects that i use frequently(like synth/wah, delay, an organ sound based off the harmonizer). bank u1 is the 4 setting I use most, in my case is Ampeg 8x10(u1-A), 360 2x15(u1-B), a distortion(u1-C), and a delay(u1-D). It seems to work good, I am still working out the kinks of volume in switching effects.

Hope this helps.

PS-I don't really use the factory presets.