1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss GT-6B as a Preamp!!-Anybody doing it??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Steelpulz, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    I have a gt-6b that I would like to use as a preamp. I play contemporary gospel mainly. I want to use the gt-6b directly to a power amp (Samson SX-1200). However, I don't like the sound or level that I am getting.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings I should use. By the way I play finger style 60-70%, 30-40% slap

thanks for the info.

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this. It maybe a few years old but it definately rings a bell. I heartily recommend searching ( not meant in a sarcstic or condescending way).

3. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    I did a search..but none mentioned specific settings. Do I use the preamp, EQ,??? How do I set it up?

4. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
  5. TMWPB

TMWPB

Mar 1, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    hey,

I recently started doing this. The first thing I did was make all the possible combinations of heads and speakers, all set flat, (Flip top w/ original speaker, 360 w/ 2x15, session w/ 8x10, etc.) all in the U1-U0 banks. Then I set up u2 as my distortions, and u3 as my other effects that i use frequently(like synth/wah, delay, an organ sound based off the harmonizer). bank u1 is the 4 setting I use most, in my case is Ampeg 8x10(u1-A), 360 2x15(u1-B), a distortion(u1-C), and a delay(u1-D). It seems to work good, I am still working out the kinks of volume in switching effects.

Hope this helps.
    TMWPB

PS-I don't really use the factory presets.