Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss GT-6B @ NAMM

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by D. Matthews, Jan 19, 2002.

1. D. Matthews

D. Matthews

Apr 16, 2001
    Canada
  2. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    I think it is the best mutli-bass effect prcosser in the market now! I want to tired it also! any detail?!

3. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Once i had a hamster named Mac... but yea i want to try it out also.

4. If its anything like the GT-6, its going to be noisy, full of useless pre-sets (although you can always make your own) and just not worth it (imho of course)

5. I'm desperately trying to get away from digital, but that looks too tempting...

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    it looks great... i would get one

7. They're also bringing out a V-bass system, I hear, where you have to have the pickup installed and everything. Apparently it'll blow the socks off the POD Pro.

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I like the color. It's pretty.

9. Hmm, guitarist friend of mine uses a GT-5, and I've fiddled with a GT-3. If the quality is there, (Duh...Boss/Roland Product, It'll be fine) it'll prolly be the best bass amp modeling system out there. I know my friend's GT-5 records perfectly, and sounds great through his 5150. Plus it helps that he understands perfectly how to use it. I saw him spill an entire strawberry/pina colada (Don't ask...I think he was confused) onto it. A quick cleaning later, worked perfectly. Well built inside also. Only thing is that the expression pedal sucks for Wah usage. I'd think the sucker be a good reason to get rid of my pedals, downsize the amount of stuff I need, and upgrade the amount of things I can do on stage. Will definitely be worth checking out. Big thumbs up.

10. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I'm using a GT-3 for guitar and the melody side of my Chapman Stick and I really like it so I imagine the updated, bass-specific GT-6B will be really cool. If you like Boss effects the GT pedalboards are a great way to get a bunch of them rolled into one programmable package. There's a bit of a learning curve with the GT's (complicated by poorly-written manuals) but their programmability and flexibility truly blow away anything in thir price range.

I hope that the GT-6B has the external loop jacks and the ability to place FX in any order that make the GT-3 so useful. The XLR and true bypass (along with an external output volume knob that takes you from instrument to line level) should help this thing fit into just about any setup. Groovy!

11. Wicked7Shark

Wicked7Shark Guest

Jun 1, 2001
    lawton ok
    our guitar player has the GT-6 and if the GT-6B is any where close to have the control that the GT-6 has then i'd buy it. I'm not really an effects bassist and our guitarist isn't all into effects but i like that control and freedom that it has.

I have the digitech bp8 floor preamp and i payed 300 hundred for it. its ok i guess but i would always look over at our guitarist while he was tweakin his sound and wish that it was that easy for me. so once i get some money ill get the GT-6B and use the digitech as a backup

wish i would have waited a few months

:rolleyes:

12. Wicked7Shark

Wicked7Shark Guest

Jun 1, 2001
    lawton ok
    our guitar player has the GT-6 and if the GT-6B is any where close to have the control that the GT-6 has then i'd buy it. I'm not really an effects bassist and our guitarist isn't all into effects but i like that control and freedom that it has.

I have the digitech bp8 floor preamp and i payed 300 hundred for it. its ok i guess but i would always look over at our guitarist while he was tweakin his sound and wish that it was that easy for me. so once i get some money ill get the GT-6B and use the digitech as a backup

wish i would have waited a few months

:rolleyes:

13. Donchad

Donchad

Jan 30, 2002
    our guitarist also has the GT6 and tis very nice! hopefully the bass version should be just as nice and its a nicer colour anyway :p i've being told its gonna be the same price as the gt6 give or take a bit so it seems worth it, just have to try !
    especially want to try the "auto slap" mode lol