Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss GT-6B or PodXt Live

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gvr4wd, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gvr4wd

gvr4wd

May 15, 2001
    Alright, I've gone through a lot of threads and post, but still can't decide. I've found GT-6B for $299 and PodXt Live for $369. Help me decide!!

:rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Korg AX-3000B. :)

3. PhilMan99

PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I went through the same thing some months back: Boss vs. Line6.

In reading, the general view was that the Boss had better effects, and the Line6 better amp/cabinet/mic modeling. I went with the Bass PODxt (not live), because I just wanted some high-quality tone options; for me the effects would just be "toys".

I'm happy with by Bass PODxt, but the synth and octave effects (anything requiring "tracking") are poor - but again, I was more interested in top-notch quality tone options. Still, there are still some "cool effects" in the Bass PODxt: the ones that don't require "tracking".

4. I have found the BOD XTL to have good synth and octave effects. I was using the BOSS OC-3 for my octave effects and the XTL, which models the OC-2, does a great job. I do miss the OC-3's ability to handle doublestops but it's identical in function and performance when playing one note at a time.

If you follow the advice given in the handbook for the XTL, you will get great results when using the synths contained in the BOD. You need a heavy attack at the bridge pickup. You will get better results from staccato style playing as the tracking becomes an issue the longer the note rings, but that is going to be the case with just about every multi effect pedal.

Can't say anything about the Boss unit. Just looking at it leaves me to believe the learning curve is more than I have the patience for. The BOD XTL has a very clean, lean interface that lets you get right to the job of tweaking the unit to suit your individual tastes.